A candidate applying for this examination must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1986 and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August, 2018.
The relaxation of Upper Age Limit is as follows.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST), and the Other Backward Classes (OBC) who also fall under other above mentioned categories viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, physically handicapped etc. will be eligible for a cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
- The person as ex-serviceman is the person who is defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, which is amended periodically.
- Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on their own request are not eligible for age relaxation.
- The condition of age-relaxation for physically handicapped candidates will be considered eligible for the appointment only if they satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/posts that are reserved for the physically handicapped candidates by the Government.
The above mentioned Age- Limit can in no case be relaxed further.
Proof of Date of Birth
- The Commission will accept the date of birth which is same as entered in the
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate, or
- Matriculation, or
- certificate recognised by an Indian University, which is equal to Matriculation
- an excerpt from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University and certified by the proper authority of the University, or
- Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate
These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the Computer Based Examination.
Documents not accepted as Proof of Date of Birth
Affidavits, Birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, Horoscopes, Service records and similar documents will not be accepted as proof of date of birth.
- The Commission will not accept any requests for change in the date of birth after the submission of online application form and candidates should ensure that they enter the same date of birth as mentioned in their Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate.
- Candidates should also note that the Date of Birth mentioned on the application form will be entered in the records of the Commission and will not be changed and the same date of birth will be considered in any other Examination of the Commission.
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD ENTER THEIR DATE OF BIRTH CAREFULLY IN THE RELEVANT COLUMN OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. IF ON VERIFICATION AT ANY FOLLOWING STAGE OF THE EXAM, ANY VARIATION IN THEIR DATE OF BIRTH FROM THE ONE ENTERED IN THEIR MATRICULATION OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE IS FOUND, THEN THE COMMISSION WILL TAKE DISCIPLINARY ACTION AGAINST SUCH CANDIDATES.