Here’s the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier III Exam. The SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier III is as follows.
The Tier III of the SSC CGL Exam is a written exam and of descriptive nature to assess writing skills of the candidates. Candidates who clear the Tier I and II exam qualify for the Tier III exam.
The Tier III Exam was recently introduced by the Staff Selection Commission to determine the candidates’ language skills.
The SSC CGL Tier III Exam is conducted offline and is descriptive type. Here’s a complete detail of the SSC CGL Tier III Exam Syllabus.
SSC CGL TIER 3 Syllabus
The SSC CGL Tier 3 exam is a descriptive paper and covers most of the theoretical part and generally the paper comprises of Essay Writing / Passage of 250 words and Letter Writing; Application Writing at least in 150 words.
Below given is the detailed syllabus.
- Letter Writing – Most of the posts in the SSC CGL requires letter writing and to check candidates’ skills in letter writing. In this section, the letter writing will be of two types one is Formal Letter Writing and the other being Informal Letter Writing.
- Essay Writing –Essay Writing is the same what we were writing during our school days but what differs here the style of writing and method of approaching the topic.
- Application Writing – As the section name indicates the application writing in generally is writing application and some of the points a candidate should remember before writing an application is as follows.
- Selection of the Subject
- Opening Paragraph of the Application
- Closing paragraph of the Application
- Precis Writing – This section includes writing summary on the given text or speech. It is writing short paragraph in candidates’ own words. Some of the points that a candidate should remember while attempting this section is as follows.
- Small version of the original passage
- Should give a title
- Should write in reported speech
- Must not contain same line mentioned in the original passage etc.