The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination is conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India, which is commonly and popularly known as SSC CGL Exam.
The exam is conducted to recruit candidates for various Group ‘B and Group ‘C’ posts in the various ministries/departments/organizations in the Government of India.
The CGL Exam is considered to be one of the most popular competitive exams among other exams conducted by the SSC.
Every year a huge number of vacancies is announced to fill various Grade ‘B’ and Grade ‘C’ Central Government job posts/services of India. To fill these vacancies, the SSC conducts a four-tier SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination and based on the merit list, the commission appoints the successful candidates in those vacant positions.
Here are the important things about SSC-CGL Examination that every candidate preparing for this exam should know.
- The exam conducting body i.e. the Staff Selection Commission
- Date of Notification (Exam Calendar)
- SSC CGL Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Physical Standard Test
- . SSC CGL Exam Pattern
- Tier –I: Objective Multiple Choice Type (Online Mode)
- Tier –II: Objective Multiple Choice Type (Online Mode)
- Tier-III: Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Offline Mode)
- Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test (wherever required) – (Offline Mode)
- CGL Syllabus
- Previous Years Question Papers
- CGL Booklist for preparation
- Fee Detail
- The application fee is INR 100.
- All women candidates and candidates who belong to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Ex-Servicemen, and Physically Handicapped candidates are exempted from application fee and also eligible for reservation.
- How to apply for the examination?
- Various Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Posts/Services of SSC CGL
- Pay Scale of Various posts
To know in detail about the exam pattern; syllabus, eligibility criteria; previous years’ question papers, notifications, booklist click the below links.